Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Impact of the Baani and Guru’s Sikh on one’s mind & Soul.


It’s been more than a week since I joined the 40 Sadhana pledge started by Gurumustak Singh Khalsa along with around 30 other people from around the world. I felt my self changing a few months back when my father asked me to make a habit of doing Japji Sahib in the Morning. I am not an Amritdhari Khalsa. I used to trim my beard and was not regular with my baanis. I started with a daily routine of doing Japji Sahib first and felt a certain hunger to increase the number baanis in my Nitnem. I gradually built up on my Nitnem and started doing the five baanis Vis Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Savaiey, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib. I stopped trimming my beard also. Then I came to know about Chardikala Jatha when I saw them performing a Sri Harimandir Sahib. This proved to be the much needed push as out of curiosity I searched for info on them on the net and came across Mr Sikhnet and CK Jatha’s blog. I listened to the QA recording posted on the blog which made me think about the way I have been conducting myself as a Sikh till now. From there on I came to know about SSS Harbhajan Singh Yogi. I learnt about his work in West as Kundalini Yoga Master and his impact on the life of people around them. Then I Stumbled upon some of the lectures posted on website, which was something that shook me out of my dormancy. I realized I have been spending a life that was not appropriate to the way our Guru told us to. There has been so wide spread and deep degeneration of Guru’s values and teaching that we have turned to not more than mere Karma Kandis as far as religion was considered.

We have discarded or bended the tenets of Sikhism to suit ourselves and our ever growing egos. We the Sikhs who were supposed to be embodiment of the qualities of the Guru and the Almighty Waheguru have reduced ourselves to nothing more than animals. We have been so busy with feeding our hunger for power and all things material that oneness of Mann, Bach, Karma (Oneness in Mind that is what we think, Bach or what we Speak and Karma or Our actions) disappeared from our conduct. Duality is reigning supreme and it shows everywhere. I have also been living in this duality all my life, Calling myself Sikh but not being one. Listening to the various lectures by SSS my resolute to discard this duality and awaken myself to the one. I have started this blog to share my experiences and challenges that I will face along the way but also to share the awakening or the changes that I have been experiencing in myself, my beliefs and my conduct as a Sikh.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting on the right track! The challenge will be to keep up with your practice. It may be hard at times...but continue on and do your best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're with you all the way.

    Blessings,

    Ek Ong Kaar Kaur

    ReplyDelete